PROCEDURES FOR LOCAL LICENSED BUYING AGENTS
- Interested companies should be a limited liability company duly registered in Ghana
- Present copies of the following:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Certificate to Commence Business
- Form 3 and 4 from Registrar General
- Resident Utility Bill
- Valid ID Card (Any of these: Voter ID, Driver’s License, Passport, National ID)
- Two (2) Passport Size Photo
- Download PMMC Application form
PROCEDURES FOR THE PURCHASE AND EXPORT OF DIAMONDS
- Interested Companies are required to send applications to PMMC for a license to purchase rough diamonds in Ghana
- PMMC will make available the requisite forms for the license. The form is to be completed and returned.
- The receipt of a satisfactory due diligence report will entitle the company to a license.
- Companies issued with license will be provided with license and a furnished office on the first floor in Diamond House building in Accra, Ghana.
- All purchasing of rough diamonds must be done in the office of Diamond House.
- Companies issued with licenses will be required to have a Diamond Valuer who will be resident in Accra, Ghana to purchase the rough diamonds on their behalf, directly from the local winners and companies.
- Funds for the purchase of the diamonds in Ghana are to be transferred from the license holder’s bank to a designated bank by PMMC prior to the commencement of purchase
- Rough diamonds are not to be purchased by direct cash payments but through Bank-to Bank payments. PMMC will pay the winners based on invoices presented by the LBCS.
- Rough diamonds purchased by LBCS will be secured in metal specie boxes at the end of each working day, to be kept in the PMMC vault
- Exports of the rough diamonds purchased will be undertaken by PMMC upon a written request by the license holder to the designated overseas address given by the license holder. All rough diamond purchased must be paid for prior to export.
- PMMC will complete all the required export documents and organize the sealing of the parcel on behalf of the license holder
- All rough diamond exports will be subjected to pre-shipment inspections
- The diamond to be exported will be accompanied by the following documents:
Ghana Kimberly Process Certificate
Invoice indicating quantity in carats and value in both US Dollars and Ghana Cedi
Bank of Ghana and Customs Export documents
- PMMC will be responsible to deliver the parcel to be exported to the Airline at the Kotoka International Airport, Accra
- PMMC charges export fee of two point percent (2.3%) on the value of rough diamonds to be exported.
- Exporter must give a day’s advance official notice prior to export.
CANCELLATION OF LICENSE
A license may be cancelled or revoked for any of the following offences.
- Unsatisfactory due diligence report on the Company
- Inactivity of the license holder for a period of one month without prior notice to PMMC
- Purchasing diamonds outside the Diamond House Office.
- Purchasing diamond from only some selected local winners
- Using the office allocated for other purposes other than the purchase of rough diamonds.
The Company is located in the Diamond House building in Accra situated on the Kinbu Road adjacent to the Registrar-General's Department and next to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.